London was the scene for the magnificent 2017 World Champs, so it is only fitting that it also provide the backdrop for Trackcastic’s Christmas Special: an athletico version of “A Christmas Carol”. Cry “What the Fezziwig?!” as the ghosts of Rosa Mota, Concertina Dita and Said Aouita take you on a tour of the highlights of 2017, and enjoy Scrooge’s distribution of the 2017 Trackcastic Awards.
We hope our listeners have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.
Plis accept our best wishes
Episode 19 begins with an ode to everyone’s favourite Russian, the sass-tastic, Mariya Lasitskene.
- We choose our own ‘neutral anthems’
- We discuss our many feelings in relation to British funding
- Ceri gets you up to date on all of the coaching changes
- And we ask for help planning our Christmas special
Rejoice. Our resident Agony Aunt, Dr. Dan O’Connor RETURNS. If ‘Agony Aunt’ was an athletic event, Dan would surely be Clova Court’s high jump. YOU ARE WELCOME.
On the show today:
- We discuss some of the meets that wrapped up this wonderful season
- We try (and obviously fail) to understand the Diamond League scoring system
- Dan delves into his bulging post bag
- And we step into our athletico time machine to predict what strange things we might see in a decade, at the L.A 2028 Olympic Games.
Also, here’s Mary Keitany at the Great North Run. Legend.
Athleticos reunite, for a MARATHON review of London 2017
A review of all the results and drama in women’s field, men’s field, men’s track & Women’s track
We have some snippets from the stadium featuring the FABULOUS athleticos @BeverleyWatkins, @JadeElise37, @JamesHDodsworth & the man with the AMAZING memory, @andyjgt
Renata Plis reminisce with us –